You are in safe hands.
Forensic Experts Group (TFEG) is a team of accomplished scientists led by former senior consultant forensic scientists from the Health Sciences Authority, Singapore. Our senior scientists envisioned, pioneered and established many forensic capabilities and services in the government laboratory since 1989. Through TFEG, we now combine our many years of specialised knowledge, unique experience and skillsets to deliver top quality forensic services to the larger local and overseas market.
TFEG is Singapore’s first private independent company and one-stop centre offering a wide spectrum of forensic expertise to serve the needs of a diverse emerging market. Our scientific capabilities span many forensic disciplines and can be applied to areas such as traffic collisions, industrial incidents, fraudulent documents, counterfeit products and chemical-related fires and explosions. These services are delivered through five different channels:
A key differentiator that sets TFEG apart is our ability to successfully work on technically challenging and complex cases. Our experts are in a vantage position to provide a holistic and comprehensive perspective of the entire forensic process: from the scene to the court. Over the years, our forensic reports and court testimonies have withstood the most rigorous scientific and judicial scrutiny. With the benefit of actual casework experience and know-how, we are able to integrate theory and best practices, and inject realism into our forensic training and education programmes.
TFEG experts are well-recognised by local investigators, public prosecutors, defense lawyers, the Courts and our overseas counterparts. We have worked on thousands of cases and numerous high-profile ones, and have gained positive feedback from legal practitioners, the Courts and clients.
Our expertise is attested to by our credentials and proven scientific leadership in:
- building forensic capabilities in quality management and trace evidence in Asia;
- authorship of more than 200 scientific papers and communications;
- representing Singapore in North American, European, and international expert working groups; and
- recognition in local and overseas Courts as leading experts in our areas of expertise.
Having distilled and captured the essence of years of experience, TFEG is advantageously positioned to:
- provide quality forensic services from the scene to the Court;
- provide specialised training to local and overseas law enforcement, forensic and prosecution agencies, law firms, banks, construction and commercial companies, and educational institutions;
- collaborate in R&D with reputable vendors, tertiary institutions and law enforcement agencies.
We aim to provide quality forensic services, having distilled the essence of our years of experience:
- Pioneering and establishing many of the forensic capabilities and services, introducing new technologies, and setting up of quality management systems in a wide range of forensic disciplines;
- Developing forensic capabilities in quality management and trace evidence in Asia;
- Authoring and presenting more than 200 scientific papers;
- Being recognised in the Courts as leading experts in their areas of expertise;
Read more about The Effective Expert Witness, Timeliness in Engaging an Expert & No Two Sides in Forensic Science
- Having represented Singapore as members in North American, European and international expert working groups;
- Providing numerous trainings for both local and overseas law enforcement and prosecution agencies, law firms, private organizations, forensic entities and learning institutions;
- Collaborating with reputable vendors, tertiary institutions and law enforcement agencies on research and development;
- Building a government forensic laboratory from a small outfit of 6 staff in the mid-1990s to over 55 staff in 2013.
- Playing a significant role in shortening turn-around times for the timely delivery of services, and in meeting and surpassing customers’ expectations.
Our team members have wide-ranging expertise in forensic science, having examined and reported on thousands of cases. Our experts provide forensic analysis and consultancy for the following areas:
We are experts in the following areas:
- Bloodstain pattern
- Counterfeit products (e.g. Counterfeit drugs and Counterfeit consumer products)
- Controlled drugs and Toxicology
- Damage Evidence
- Fingerprints and Marks (e.g. Firearms, Toolmarks, Shoeprints and Impressions)
- Fires and Explosions
- Questioned Documents (e.g. Handwriting, Signature, Chinese handwriting & signature, Tampering & Forgery)
- Scene analysis and Reconstruction
- Scientific simulations
- Trace Evidence
- Traffic accident Reconstruction
- Unknown chemicals and Materials
- Forensic Video and Image Analysis
- Industrial and Workplace Incidents
We have a diverse client base that comprises:
- Law firms, Law enforcement and Prosecution agencies
- Regulatory bodies and Forensic Institutes
- Industries that require testing services (e.g. insurance, banks and security firms, food, pharmaceutical and petroleum)
- Educational institutions
Our Promise to You
The Forensic Experts Group is committed to upholding the highest standards of professional ethics and integrity. To us, safeguarding our clients’ anonymity and ensuring confidentiality of results are of paramount importance throughout the case – BE ASSURED, YOU ARE IN SAFE HANDS.