NOT YOUR TYPICAL CHEMICAL ANALYSIS LABORATORY
Unlike most analytical laboratories that provide routine chemical testing services i.e. analysis of materials based on standard methods, our experts specialise in the non-routine testing of unknown materials and substances. Our forensic background enables us to assist our clients and add-value to different stages of their enquiry/investigation:
Step 1: Accurate Problem Definition
Accurate Problem Definition is the essential first step in solving any complex or new problem. Early critical analysis allows time and resources to be channelled to relevant and promising lines of inquiry, so as to expeditiously uncover the most vital information necessary to find an appropriate solution for you.
- What are the critical issue(s) in the enquiry/investigation?
Step 2: Customised Solution(s)
No two cases or scenarios are exactly the same. Likewise for solutions, one size will not fit all. Our forte is in developing and customising scientific solutions to the specific problem and its associated context. We harness scientific knowledge, laboratory capabilities, and critical thinking and reasoning skills to create robust forensic solutions tailored to solve your problem.
- Define the scope and extent of testing to be conducted.
- Propose the methodology
- Design the experiment(s)
Reliable laboratory testing hinges on a combination of essential factors: how instrumental capabilities and techniques are employed, robust quality systems, sample integrity, representative sampling and effective preparation procedures, appropriate domain knowledge, adequate staff proficiency and level of expertise, detailed record-keeping and proper data handling and interpretation. As experienced hands-on forensic scientists, we have developed, and have been practising and fulfilling the policies, principles and best procedures necessary to ensure the quality and reliability of our lab findings.
- Physical methods
- Microscopy (E.g. Stereo light microscopy, Scanning electron microscopy)
- Chromatography (E.g. Gas or liquid chromatography coupled to mass spectrometer)
- Spectroscopy (E.g. Fourier Transformed Infra-red spectrometer, Energy Dispersive X-ray detector)
Step 4: Comprehensive Interpretation
Our forensic expertise allows us to provide a comprehensive interpretation of the sample which may otherwise not be noticeable by the untrained eye.
- What is the unknown materials/substance? (Classification or Identification)
- How did it get there? (Activity)
- How are the various items related? (Association)
- What happened? (Reconstruction)
Step 5: Expert Report
Our Expert Reports can be tailored to meet basic investigative needs, used for fact-finding, commercial and industrial trouble-shooting as well as for Court purposes (prosecution, defence or civil litigation). The end-purpose and application of the report will determine the amount and type of resources required, and the level of expert analysis deployed to the above steps.
- Memo, not meant for court purposes
- Forensic report, which could be tendered in court. Our experts are well-recognised in the Singapore courts and have testified as expert witnesses in many high profile cases.
CHEMICAL TESTING SERVICES OFFERED BY OUR GROUP
Chemical testing services offered by our group includes but are not limited to the following:
- Adulterants in food
- Counterfeit products
- Contaminants in pharmaceutical products, fuel oils,
- Damage analysis (Cause of damage, Tampering vs wear and tear)
- Unknowns stains, liquids, powders, materials
We are able to conduct trace or bulk analysis, work with complex sample matrices, contaminated or non-pristine samples etc.
Share with us your problem! Please call us at 6459 0494 or email us at email@example.com.