PURPOSE OF TRAFFIC ACCIDENT RECONSTRUCTION (TAR)
The purpose of traffic accident reconstruction is to investigate, analyse and conclude on events and causes in a collision between a vehicle and another vehicle, a pedestrian or roadside object. The outcome of a traffic injury or fatality case, civil liability or insurance dispute often hinges on the testimony of an accident reconstruction expert.
WHAT CAN YOU DO TO SAFEGUARD YOUR CASE?
Click here to learn more.
PITFALLS IN TRAFFIC ACCIDENT RECONSTRUCTION
Traffic accidents result from an improper interaction of three components: the road user, the vehicle, and the road. Countless variations in scenarios are possible through the interplay of multiple factors arising from each of these components, and circumstances occurring in an accident. A traffic accident that appears straightforward at first glance may actually present a hidden twist – a critical factor that alters the complexion of the investigation. An experienced, qualified and reliable accident reconstruction expert will consider the complex interplay of factors, and be able to recognize subtle but key details. Additionally, vehicle dynamics can be very mathematical; any misapplication of a formula, careless mistake or wrong reasoning can lead to an erroneous conclusion. It usually takes an expert to evaluate the methodology and spot the error.
WHAT OUR EXPERTS DO IN TRAFFIC ACCIDENT RECONSTRUCTION
Accident reconstructions rely heavily on the correct application of physics, mathematics and vehicle dynamics, as well as a balanced evaluation of human and environmental factors. To reconstruct a traffic accident, TFEG’s experts may:
- visit the accident scene to evaluate skid-marks on the roadway, final rest positions of the vehicles, debris and other physical evidence, and take measurements and photographs,
- examine the vehicles for damages and transfer evidence (paint, blood, glass, fibres, etc),
- review prior reports, sketch plans, witness statements, and data collected,
- extract, enhance and analyse video footage of an accident,
- conduct simulations and evaluate various factors that potentially contribute to the accident.
TFEG REPORTS AND COURT TESTIMONY
Our findings and opinions are stated in a formal report that can be tendered in Court as evidence. Where necessary, our Reports may contain any of the following information:
- the timeline and sequence of traffic events,
- locations, orientations, trajectories and speeds of vehicles and pedestrians,
- impact point,
- line of sight (blind spots)
- vehicle dynamics,
- road and environmental conditions,
- human factors,
- evasive manoeuvres and collision avoidability.
Our analysis and interpretations are supported by scientific literature and research. In Court, our experts not only present objective findings, but also explain technical terminology, mechanisms, accident causes and any disagreement with findings of other experts.
Read about our recent cases: Traffic Accident along Woodlands Ave 5
The responsibility and liability of a party in a traffic accident may range from 0 to 100%. Your client does not need to bear liability or costs exceeding and disproportionate to his/her actions. If you have a case or valid mitigating factors, let objective forensic evidence speak up on your behalf. You no longer need to unquestioningly accept an opposing expert’s opinion or speculations which could be detrimental to your case. Let TFEG’s experts provide you with honest feedback and sound advice before you plan your next move.
Please call us at 6459 0494 or email us at email@example.com.